Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ouch, My Eyes.

I thought perhaps there was something wrong with my eyes. And maybe I was right. But today was a strange day of sorts. A bit exhausted, a bit lazy, and a bit introspective... it was a perfect day to go people watch at the Art Museum steps.

When it's not too cold or too hot, you can spend hours watching people on the art museum steps. One of the best views in the city and a prominent backdrop in a fictional sports hero's story. The number of tourists... well they're probably not all tourists... that run up the steps and do the "rocky dance" is astounding.

We lost count somewhere around 30.

You could make a drinking game out of the phenomenon. But you probably wouldn't be able to tote around enough alcohol to drink everytime someone runs up the stairs and takes a picture with their arms punching the air or reaching the sky. Especially when you get groups of 10 or more. Or wedding parties.

The best way to describe today, as I tried to do all day long, is that I was really enjoying looking at things. I was enjoying the way my brain was processing information. Instead of processing a red car as a "red car," it was processed as a "red car clashing brilliantly against the green grass complimented by the Simpsonesque clouds in the sky and oh look those people playing soccer are enjoying themselves a great deal."

I'm not on drungs. Just overwelmed with subconscious observation.

On a side note. The Eagles won today and they're up against the Giants next week. I look forward to sports induced anxiety next sunday.

No comments: