Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Brobdingnagian Penis on Market Street.

My calender "big word of the day" is Brobdingnagian. It's an adjective meaning Of huge size; gigantic; enormous. Considering the difficulty one would have pronouncing this Brobdingnagian, it would only make sense to simply use the words within the definition of the word itself. Unless, of course, you're trying to confuse- which is always fun.

Last night two people were fatally shot 6 blocks away. Helicopters are a tell-tale sign that someone nearby didn't make it through the day. My parents can't understand why I can't see myself not living in Philadelphia. With the murder rate where it is and the complications of city living where they will always be, it just doesn't make sense to them.

Living in the burbs where you have to drive anywhere and everywhere you go just is what doesn't make sense to me.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I think more men should take off their pants outside of the Dunkin Donuts on Market street during rush hour. It really does help the long work day end with a chuckle. If anything, it gives us all a story to tell when we get home. By doing this at rush hour, you have the opportunity to amuse, bewilder, and horrify a larger number of people.

I can't help but wonder why this man took off his pants in front of the Dunkin Donuts window. But what's even more baffling is that the man that was sitting inside, continued with drinking his coffee and reading the paper.

The whole world could pass right by you with the assistance of an iPod and a good book. Sometimes it's safer to just ignore the insanity around you. Looking the wrong person in the eye could get you stabbed in the face. I don't know this for fact, nor have I seen it happen. But it's a possibility.

No comments: